The aims of the Master of Arts in Applied Inter-American Studies at University of Iceland are that students:
- gain expert knowledge of the languages, history and literatures of the Americas.
- can utilize their language(s) of expertise to disseminate research findings internationally.
- are familiar with central issues in their field of expertise.
- can utilize emergent expertise in their area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Culture and Communication
- Fundamentals in Web Communications
- Writing and Editing
- The Ancestry of English Words
- Race, Sex and Gender in African-American Literature: Research Project
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Nordic citizens are exempt and may apply for graduate studies until 15 April.
A Bachelor’s degree with a GPA (Grade Point Average) of at least 7.25. The student must also meet the language proficiency requirement set for graduate studies in the relevant language(s): English, French and/or Spanish. A BA-, B.Ed or a BS-essay in the undergraduate programme is a requirement for entering the MA
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Students at the University of Iceland do not pay tuition fees, only an annual registration fee of ISK 75,000 (477 EUR)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.