On completion Geophysics programme at University of Iceland the student should have fulfilled the following criteria in addition to those fulfilled at the previous level:
- The student has broadened and deepened his knowledge of a selected subject area within geophysics and has acquired systematic understanding of the most recent knowledge within that area and the research methods used.
- The student has acquired deeper knowledge of the application of geophysics in his area of expertise.
- The student is able to use his knowledge and understanding in a professional manner within his field of expertise.
- The student has acquired the ability to reason and substantiate his/her opinions about his/her research work and its relevance to basic knowledge in the field of study.
- The student has acquired the ability to provide a written review of research relevant to his field of study.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Dynamic Meteorology
- Earth's surface geochemistry
- Geophysical Exploration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Nordic citizens are exempt and may apply for graduate studies until 15 April.
- GPA 6.5 (10 points System)
- BS degree in geophysics or similar subjects with minimum average grade of 6.5 from the University of Iceland (on a scale from 1 to 10) or a comparable degree and average grade from another university. In addition to the BS degree there may be some preliminary courses requirements before starting the actual MS programme.
- All international applicants, whose native language is not English, are required to provide results of the TOEFL (79) or IELTS (6.5) tests as evidence of English proficiency.
- Applicants are asked to submit a letter of motivation
- Letters of recommendation (2) should be submitted
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The University of Iceland does not charge tuition fees, but the annual registration fee is ISK 75,000. (aprox. 540 euros or 576 USD)
Living costs for Reykjavik
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.