On completion of the Master of Science in Environmental Engineering at University of Iceland, the student can demonstrate knowledge, skills and competence as detailed below:
- The student has knowledge and skills to analyse and solve complex problems in some selected specific field in civil engineering.
- The student has skills in adopting new approaches in solving problems.
- The student can distinguish between reality and simplified computational models, approximations and empirical relations.
- The student can demonstrate independent and creative thinking when solving problems and complete the analysis such that results are clear.
- The student knows his technical limits and knows when it is necessary to call a specialist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Air quality and mitigation
- Life Cycle Assessments in the Built Environment
- Engineering Hydraulics
- Environmental microbiology
- Natural Catastrophes
- Water Quality
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Nordic citizens are exempt and may apply for graduate studies until 15 April.
- A BS degree in engineering or equivalent with a minimum average grade of 6.5. In addition to the BS degree there may be some preliminary course requirements
- All international applicants, whose native language is not English, are required to provide results of the TOEFL (79) or IELTS (6.5) tests as evidence of English proficiency.
- Applicants are asked to submit a letter of motivation, 1 pages, where they should state the reasons they want to pursue graduate work, their academic goals and a suggestion or outline for a final paper.
- Letters of recommendation (2) should be submitted.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students at the University of Iceland do not pay tuition fees, only an annual registration fee of ISK 75,000 (477 EUR)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.