The specialized Fast Track Master’s degree program in Theoretical Astrophysics and Cosmology (90 ECTS credits) from University of Zurich is intended for exceptional students envisioning an academic career.
The program takes students to the forefront of our understanding of our Universe. Together with the core courses in advanced theoretical astrophysics and cosmology, an original research project is carried out with a faculty member (55 ECTS credits).
This can range from a computational astrophysics project, to analysing data from observations or supercomputer simulations, or carrying out a theoretical project. At least 30 ECTS credits are earned through research seminars, lectures, exercises and internships in the chosen specialist area.
This program is ideally suited for students wishing to carry out doctoral studies in astrophysics, cosmology or theoretical physics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Seminar Theoretical Astrophysics
- Students Seminar
- Galaxy and star formation
- Astrophysical thinking
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Fast-Track program in Theoratical Astrophysics and Cosmology is a specialized Master’s program with specific additional admission requirements. For admission to the program, the following conditions have to be met: - Bachelor's degree from the University of Zurich with a major grade of at least 5.5 or a corresponding recommendation from another university.
- Assessment interview with the student and the future leaders of the thesis in the presence of at least one other faculty member.
- The Faculty may require additional requirements in the form of further assessments. The Faculty also decides on the recognition of studies and credit points acquired elsewhere.
International1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester during .
National1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester during .
- Tuition fee is 720 CHF per semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.