The Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology program of the University of Coimbra makes an important effort to organize compulsory professional internships that are welcome by the business community. Regarding the research employability track, the student has to interact with two tutors of two different countries to prepare the master thesis, permitting the familiarization with international research requirements.
The WOP-P Master takes into account different aspects. First, it differentiates between and encompasses the three fields of the discipline: work, organizational, and personnel psychology. Second, it distinguishes between activities emphasizing the “explanatory scientific” approach to human behavior and contexts, and those emphasizing intervention. Third, it follows well-recognized efforts at the European level such as the EUROPSY education and professional competencies model for the European Certificate of Psychology, supported by the European Federation of Psychology Associations (EFPA), and the Specialist EuroPsy Certificate in WOP Psychology. Fourth, the Master adheres to the scientist-practitioner model, integrating science and practice in mutual interaction. The Master not only includes evidence-based contents, but these contents are also combined with methodology and research activities. Finally, new developments in traditional WOP-P topics are combined with emergent ones such as sustainability; Innovation and entrepreneurship; multiculturalism and global thinking; and diversity.
Multicultural skills and competencies are specially reinforced. The student is forced to work in teams where classmates from other countries and cultures also participate. This intercultural awareness process is specially trained during the Winter School of the Master. To participate in this activity, students are incorporated in multicultural teams, and they have to cooperate to achieve shared objectives. This strategy facilitates a context that is similar to international and multicultural scenarios where the future WOP psychologists work.
Students receive two diplomas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Work psychology
- Organizational psychology
- Personnel psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Human Resource Management View 4 other Masters in Human Resource Management in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Your official degree in Psychology.
- Your official academic transcripts in Psychology (including also mean of your transcript).
- English language certificate, if available. If you have no official language certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge, etc.), please upload a document (.doc or .txt) explaining how you have learnt English.
- CV – Standard European Format only (in English)
- 2 letters of reference (one preferably academic).
- A proof of nationality based on the provision of the documents listed in the PRADO website (preferably your passport).
- A recent photo of yourself.
- The WOP Student Commitment. (Available while completing the application form).
- A motivation letter (suggestion: between 500 and 1500 words written in English)
- Certificate of residence.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Residents of programme countries: 3500 euros per year
- Residents of partner countries (defined by Erasmus+): 9000 euros per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.