The European Master in Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology (WOP-P) is a graduate university programme, supported by the European Commission through the Erasmus Mundus Programme which provides a Postgraduated Diploma.
The Master requires a university undergraduate degree in Psychology. The objective is to contribute to the qualification of professionals and researchers in the discipline of Work, Organizational and Personnel Psychology emphasizing a European approach and perspective. The Master implements the main guidelines developed by the Euro-Psych model for the European Diploma of Psychology (EDP) supported by the European Federation of Psychology Association (EFPA). It also follows the Reference Model and Minimal Standards of the European Curriculum in WOP Psychology established by the European Network of Work and Organizational Psychology Professors (ENOP).
Five European universities are involved: Universitat de València (Spain) as the coordinating institution, Universitat de Barcelona (Spain), Université René Descartes Paris 5 (France), Alma Mater Studiorum-Università di Bologna (Italy), and Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal) and two Non-European universities are also involved: Universidade de Brasília (Brazil) and University of Guelph (Canada).
The duration of the Programme is two full-time years, with a total workload of 120 ECTS credits (60 per year). The languages of instruction and examination can be any of the following languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
Students are awarded a double diploma, delivered by the Home and the Host Universities they study at over the master programme.
More informationVisit official programme website
The Master in Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology (WOP-P) has four main objectives:
- To prepare the students as competent practitioners in Work, Organizational and Personnel Psychology at the entry level as independent (non supervised) practitioners. This preparation is inspired in the scientist-practitioner model, which assumes that good preparation as a practitioner implies the acquisition of professional and research competences
- To offer a European referent of training in WOP-P to the students of other regions of the world
- To promote mobility of European and third-country students and staff across Europe
- To contribute towards university excellence and competitiveness within the European Higher Education system.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPsychology Human Resource Management View 4 other Masters in Human Resource Management in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Common criteria and procedures related to admission and selection of students apply to all candidates (Type A and Type B) for WOP programme.
Compulsory admission criteria are:
- University Undergraduate Degree in Psychology (ie bachelor of 3, 4 or 5 years)
- Commitment in writing to full-time dedication for the 2 years of the programme and other commitments for students with EM grants and commitments for students without EM grants.
- Fluency in English (level B1), using the common European Framework of reference for languages.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Erasmus Mundus general rules about Students and Scholars scholarships by the European Commission. Academic year 2013-2014.Without prejudice to high academic standards, in order to ensure geographical diversity among students/scholars, as compulsory requirement of the Erasmus Mundus programme, WOP-P Consortium must and shall respect the following basic criteria when selecting students/scholars for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship:
- No more than two of the STUDENTS selected for an Erasmus Mundus Master Course (EMMC) scholarship should have the same nationality.
- The number of scholarships awarded to scholars from the HEI (Higher European Institution) should cover a maximum duration of 3 months (i.e. equivalent to 6 scholarships of 2 weeks).
- No scholar can be awarded a scholarship for more than 3 months (i.e. up to 6 scholarships of 2 weeks)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.