Biomedicine bridges between disciplines by combining quantitative methods from sciences and clinical research to answer questions from basic and clinical medicine. Thereby, biomedicine contributes to unravel the functions and causes of diseases of the human body and to develop new approaches to diagnostics and therapeutics. Biomedicine enables the translation of results from basic sciences to the clinical application and to ask new questions in basic sciences.
Students at University of Zurich should enjoy planning and performing experiments or to participate in clinical studies. Biomedicine is a real alternative to medicine, if you are mostly interested in applied medicial laboratory science.
Biomedicine is not suited for students that failed to be accepted into Medical school and who wish to enter Medical School via Biomedicine. There is no facilitated entry into Medical School from Biomedicine , acceptance into Medical School will depend on the general conditions set by the Faculty of Medicine. Very few courses from Biomedicine may be credited upon request to the Dean of Studies for Medicine. The University of Zurich has an international top position in Biology, medical sciences and clinical research at the University Hospital Zurich. Biomedicine builds on this strength.
The MSc is the qualification required for all academic biomedicine professions and meets the scientific requirements for admission to the Study Program for the Teaching Diploma for Secondary Education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Experimental Biochemistry
- Modelling cultural evolution
- Discovering Statistics using R
- Primate Behavior - Empirical Research
- Human Evolutionary Genetics: Origins, Peoples and Disease
- Advanced Topics in Biological Anthropology
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology View 9 other Masters in Biomedicine in Switzerland
- The following academic degrees exempt the holder from having to pass any further examinations for admission to the a Master’s degree course: -A Bachelor's degree from the Faculty of Science of the University of Zurich, whereby the Faculty determines which types of the Bachelor's degree are required for admission to the respective Master's degree courses
- Further possibilities for admission to a Master’s degree course: the Faculty assesses all other qualifications, in particular those from universities of applied sciences, according to its own criteria, whereby. The principle of equal treatment applies to assessing the equivalence of Bachelor's degrees.
International1360 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 680 EUR per semester and a duration of .
EU/EEA1360 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 680 EUR per semester and a duration of .
Tuition fee is 720 CHF.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.