The Optical Sciences from Humboldt University Berlin offers an excellent education in this vibrant and exciting field. We seek outstanding students with a bachelor's degree in physics or closely related field who wish to contribute to state-of-the-art optics research and development.
The MSc in Optical Sciences program is exclusively taught in English and prepares the students for a challenging career in the optics & photonics industry or for the pursuit of a doctoral degree. This is facilitated through several temporally overlapping stages with increasing degrees of specialization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Optical Sciences
- Advanced Optical Sciences
- Optical Sciences Laboratory
- Seminar Optical Sciences
- Nonlinear Photonics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- English language proficiency (minimum level B2)
- Higher Mathematics (minimum 15 ECTS credit points)
- Quantum Theory/Quantum Physics (minimum 10 ECTS credit points)
- Electrodynamics/Optics (minimum 10 ECTS credit points)
- Physics Laboratory (5 ECTS credit points)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- There are NO tuition fees at Humboldt University Berlin. Neither for German and EU students, nor for international students from other countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.