The Finance program at the Umea University will give you a good understanding of financial instruments and markets, necessary in financial consulting, financial risk management and as a business analyst. Sustainability and internationalization is an integral part of the educational environment.
During the first year the focus is on developing both broad as well as specific knowledge of key concern for financial management. The year includes modules covering financial statement analysis, advanced corporate finance, investments, and risk management. You will learn about central areas in investment analysis, including, for example, portfolio management, risk measurement and risk management.
You will also have the opportunity to choose elective courses among which internship is one.
During the second year you are given the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in one other area in the field of business administration. This year also includes a research method module and a module in current trends in business administration research. You will develop your writing, analysis and research skills through writing a master's thesis. During this year it is also possible to study abroad one semester.
- Strategic Business Development
- Elective courses
- Current trends and a minor in Accounting/Finance/Marketing/Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 14 other Masters in Accounting in Sweden
- A Bachelor's degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, 180 credits) from an internationally recognised university with a major in Business Administration. Special requirements: 75 credits in Business Administration, at Basic level (A-level) and Intermediate level (B-level) a minimum of 60 credits in Management, Marketing, Accounting and Finance or the equivalent including at least 7,5 credits in Finance courses.
- Proficiency in English equivalent to Swedish upper secondary course English B/6.
International4522 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4522 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Application fee SEK900
- Tuition fee, first instalment SEK46,500
- Total fee SEK186,000
Living costs for Umeå
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.