In Environmental Technology and Engineering programme offered by Ghent University, you will become part of a new generation of environmental scientist and engineers that can provide adequate and state-of-the-art environmental technology and engineering solutions to tackle complex, multidisciplinary environmental issues.
Successful graduates will have acquired a comprehensive knowledge of:
- the nature and severity of environmental pollution;
- the way polluted water, waste, gas, soils and sediments can be treated;
- the way ecosystems and the atmosphere can be protected from pollution;
- the way to prevent environmental pollution through resource management and application of re-use technologies.
You will study two years at three leading European universities in 3 different European countries: Ghent University (Belgium), IHE Delft Institute for Water Education (The Netherlands), and the University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague (Czech Republic).
The IMETE programme takes two years to complete and starts yearly in September at UCT in Prague. In February of the next year students move to Delft, the Netherlands and in September students move to Gent. Finally, in February of the 3rd year, students start their thesis research at one of the three academic institutions or at an associated partner.
- Environmental Microbiology
- Environmental Engineering
- Wastewater Treatment
- Waste Management and Treatment
- Atmosphere Protection Technology
- Sludge Management
- Environmental Engineering-Laboratory
- Elective project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission is granted on the basis of a diploma, irrelevant of nationality. Most qualifications obtained abroad do not grant direct admission. This means that the diploma is not automatically recognised as equivalent to a Flemish diploma and that admission can be granted after an individual application procedure.
International5744 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5744 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.