The Master Programme in Statistics at Uppsala University provides you with the skills to critically analyse and interpret data from various application areas.
As a statistician you usually work closely with subject specialists in a variety of areas and the statistician's role is to have knowledge of how data are collected, analysed and interpreted. Work as a statistician also includes method development, which is to improve existing or develop new methods.
Statisticians are in demand on the labour market and through its methodological breadth, the Master's Programme in Statistics offer you very good opportunities for employment in a variety of areas, both private and public.
Amongst private employers, positions for statisticians are often found in the financial sector (banks, insurance, etc.), biomedical companies, consulting companies, opinion polling organisations and associations, while qualified statisticians in the public sector often work as analysts and investigators.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Probability Theory
- Econometric Theory and Methodology
- Financial Econometrics
- Generalised Linear Models
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. Also required is 90 credits in statistics.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies with emphasis on grades in relevant fields and degree project (if any); a summary in English (1-2 pages) of a previous degree project (if any); and a statement of purpose (1-2 pages).
International9931 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19863 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 50000
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 200000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.