The Master Programme in Infection Biology at Uppsala University allows you to take advantage of Uppsala's strong environment for research and education in infection biology. The city has two universities, two university hospitals as well as three national authorities responsible for food safety, medical products and outbreak surveillance. In combination, this offers a broad competence for those who have an interest in infection biology.
A broad and deep knowledge in infection biology will prepare you for work in research and development in diagnostics, drug development, resistance problems, vaccinations, emergency management, food production, developing country-specific diseases in animals and humans as well as zoonoses.
Employment may be found in academia and in drug and biotech companies. In the public sector, you can work in microbial laboratories related to health care, food and agriculture. In the One World perspective, here is also a need for your competence on predictions, surveillance and follow-up of outbreaks, both nationally and on a global scale. The strong links to research will be of particular use if you are heading for further PhD studies and a research career
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Parasitology, Mycology and Veterinary Infection Biology (SLU)
- Antimicrobials, Evolution, Resistance and Epidemiology
- Infection Biology in a Global Perspective
- Advanced Scientific Research and Methodology
- Master's Degree Project in Infection Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Microbiology View 52 other Masters in Biology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. The main field of study must be in biology, bio-/medicine, biotechnology, pharmacy, pharmaceutical bioscience, (pharmaceutical) chemistry, medical science, agriculture, animal science, veterinary medicine or education giving knowledge in cell biology, genetics, (bio)chemistry and molecular biology. Knowledge and previous experience of laboratory work.
Students are selected based on:
- a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies with emphasis on grades in relevant fields;
- a statement of purpose;
- a summary in English (1-2 pages) of a degree project; and
- experience of laboratory work.
International14445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28890 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.