KTU master’s studies in Sustainable Management and Production merge three different fields: environmental engineering, manufacturing engineering, and business. It is a combination of interdisciplinary knowledge and skills with a solid basis in engineering science, that is necessary for future leaders and innovators.
Studying at KTU, you will gain an understanding of applied engineering and holistic life cycle approach, acquire a unique ability to systematically assess the consequences of decisions in terms of environmental, economic and technological aspects. Our students are educated on complex interactions and interdependencies between economic decisions, technological solutions and innovations, they gain an understanding of the relationships among market forces, policies and the environment.
This course is developed with people who are already working in mind – you will be able to combine distance and classroom activities. In our study process, we encourage learning through independent work and expanding theoretical knowledge, teamwork and practical competencies at the evening lectures, which can be also joined remotely. Some classes will take place on Saturdays – classroom lectures, group and practical seminars. You will also be able to attend consultations at the Institute of Environmental Engineering.
Our graduates are equipped with strong interlinked competencies in engineering and management. After graduation, you will contribute to design, production and management activities of the value chain considering the limits of natural resources, following sustainability procedures, and at the same time managing business and production risks to guarantee competitiveness. You will be able to use your knowledge in international or local organisations, demonstrating leadership in sustainable development.
- For educating preventive environmental management specialists the study programme received international environmental Energy Globe
- Recognized as the best engineering study programme in Europe for the education of sustainable industrial development specialists, awarded with QUESTE-SI quality assurance label
- Advanced study methods used: real industry environmental problems are solved in cooperation with the practitioners
- Effective combination of mandatory and elective courses allows designing an individual study plan
- Research-based studies: Sustainable Management and Production is the only one program coordinated by a research institute (KTU Institute of Environmental Engineering)
What will you study?
- Environment: sustainable development, policy, impact assessment, ecology
- Prevention: analysis, management, liability, forecasting
- Innovations: production, technologies, projects, economics
- Resources: ecosystem, management, renewable energy, sustainable consumption
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Business Process Management
- Cleaner Production
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Sustainable Development Policy, Law and Economics
- Environmental Management
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Sustainable Consumption and Production
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sustainable Development Environmental Management
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in engineering or physical sciences with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%)
- motivation (skype interview)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.