Theology asks the biggest human questions in order to better understand our every-day lives. Theology is unique as a discipline, because it is a conversation about everything. And students in theology at UWTSD will have the opportunity to study everything – from history and philosophy, to hermeneutical theory and sociology, to culture and ethics.
The MTh in Christian Theology at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David allows students to explore the big questions of human existence through engagement with the teachings and traditions of the Christian church. But the programme as a whole is broad-minded and open to people of all religious persuasions.
Why choose this course?
- UWTSD is home to the oldest faculty of Theology and Religious Studies in Wales, established in 1822.
- The University boasts a vibrant and active postgraduate research culture, particularly in the study of Theology and Religion.
- The University is also active in Interfaith Studies
- The MTh in Christian Theology is delivered as a full-time and part-time programme of study for distance learners.
- Participate in our local and online research seminars or engage with other research students at our annual residential summer school for postgraduates in July.
- What you will learn
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Study of Theology
- The Doctrine of Trinity
- Christology & Atonement
- The Doctrine of Creation
- Political Theologies
- The Bible: Text and Transmission
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 9 other Masters in Christian Studies in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although candidates with lower degree classifications may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master's level if satisfactory progress is made.
- Every application is considered on its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications and criteria, including maturity, professional qualifications and relevant experience. Applicants with non-standard qualifications are advised to submit a short curriculum vitae with their application form.
- We also welcome applications from members of the Armed Forces and recognise the training and education undertaken whilst serving.
International13340 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13340 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.