This programme has a distinctive focus on contemporary religions. Its range of modules, exploring different aspects of religion today, has been designed by staff members with a background in sociology, anthropology, and religious studies. The modules enable students to explore not just the theoretical, but also the practical lived aspects of religious faith and practice in different contexts.
The Study of Religions (MA) at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is a unique programme that enables students to develop research skills in case they want to continue on a PhD but also prepares them towards a career in Religious Education.
Reasons to choose this course
- Distinct methodological emphasis drawing on the expertise of staff
- All our staff are research active, and on hand throughout to guide you in the right direction.
- Opportunity to study a wide range of different religious traditions
- Furthermore, you’ll be able to take modules from a distance that enable you to interact with students and staff – indeed, we offer as much interaction as you wish.
- We have a strong international recruitment that supports students from a diverse range of circumstances; indeed, our students come from all over the world and many take the MA whilst juggling other responsibilities – we recognise this special context of distance-learners, and our courses make full use of the virtual world and have the personal approach of expert tuition.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Methodology in the Study of Religions
- Masters Dissertation
- Religious Experience Today
- Islam Today
- Sacred Geography
- Western Esotericism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 27 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although candidates with lower degree classifications may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master's level if satisfactory progress is made.
- Every application is considered on its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications and criteria, including maturity, professional qualifications and relevant experience. Applicants with non-standard qualifications are advised to submit a short curriculum vitae with their application form.
- We also welcome applications from members of the Armed Forces and recognise the training and education undertaken whilst serving.
International2964 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2964 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1667 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1667 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.