We have a long and distinguished tradition of specialist teaching in Biblical Studies which continues to this day. All our Biblical Studies staff participate nationally and internationally in significant biblical research.
Theology and Religion have been an important part of life and teaching on the Lampeter campus since the early 19th century. The teaching of Theology, Religious Studies and Islamic Studies is one of the oldest of its kind in the UK and was the first of its kind in Wales.
If you join our Biblical Interpretation programme at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David, you will become a part of a world-wide community of learners benefiting from a long-established tradition of teaching excellence.
Reasons to study this course
- You will be able to choose from a wide range of interesting topics taught by experienced university lecturers who are specialists in the field of biblical studies.
- Students are provided with a vibrant research culture due to the ongoing, cutting edge research published by our staff.
- You will gain research skills that will be a sound basis for further study, as well as a range of important skills which can be easily transferred to the workplace.
- The programme is offered as part-time, distance learning, October or February entry.
- Since the course is a distance-learning course, you can study from the comfort of your own home using our VLE (virtual learning environment) and the course content and reading.
- The Bible: Text and Transmission
- Contemporary Approaches to Biblical Interpretation
- From Patriarchs to Prophets
- The Gospel of John
- Jewish-Christian Relations
- Christian-Muslim Relations: Texts, Past & Present
- The Doctrine of the Trinity
- Celtic Sanctity, Spirituality & Hagiography
- The Cistercian World I: Citeaux and the Growth of the Cistercian Order
- Religious Experience Today
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 32 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although every application is considered in its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of professional qualification and relevant experiences.
- Candidates with a lower degree classification or no degree may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master’s level if satisfactory progress is made.
International2500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
National1875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.