In this Ecology and Spirituality course at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David you will combine critical thinking and academic rigour with an exploration of your own values, beliefs and personal narratives and how these fit and find resonance and authenticity with your life and work.
This is a chance to look at your own relationship with our planet – and in doing so explore personal and collective solutions to living in a more sustainable, resilient, connected harmonious and beautiful world.
One unique feature of this programme is that it extends the concept of the environment to a wider cosmic environment, offering the chance to take modules which engage us with the sky, planets and stars.
As a successful student you will have:
- Gained an understanding of the relationship between ecology and spirituality in society, through history and in a range of cultures.
- Acquired skills in qualitative research.
- Developed skills in critical thinking and the ability to develop evidence-based arguments in the subject area.
- Obtained a qualification which stands as a worldwide mark of quality.
- Learned how to communicate with academics and experts across the field and in different disciplines.
- Ecology and Spirituality
- Sacred Geography
- Researching Contemporary Cosmologies
- Sacred Skies
- Cosmology, Magic and Divination in the Classical World
- Religion and the Environment
- Environmental Philosophy
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Religious Studies & Theology Ecology View 4 other Masters in Ecology in United Kingdom
- The normal entry qualification is a good first degree (2:1 or equivalent in UK grading) in an appropriate arts/humanities/social sciences area including History, Cultural Studies, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Anthropology, Theology and/or Religious Studies.
- However, as the inquiry into Ecology and Spirituality is by necessity interdisciplinary, we welcome applicants from other backgrounds, especially the sciences, provided you can demonstrate the necessary writing skills. In this instance, a broad familiarity with philosophy and/or critical theory, though not essential, would be advantageous.
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree (UK grading) will normally be considered for entry to a Postgraduate Diploma and will be considered for progression to the MA after successful completion of the six taught modules. However, any relevant professional qualifications or experience will be taken into account.
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National3750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.