The MA Classics at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David offers you the opportunity to concentrate on the ancient Greek and Latin languages at an advanced level, as well as the literature of the ancient world. You can continue your study of ancient Greek and Latin through in-depth study of authors and genres, primarily in the original language, but also in translation.
Classics have been taught at our Lampeter campus since the opening of St David's College in 1822, and have been offered via distance study since 2001. The Roderic Bowen Library and Archives on the Lampeter campus provides access to an excellent range of electronic academic resources, including more than 1,000 Classics e-books, 70 Classics e-journals, and a number of specialised Classics databases.
- The programme provides a broad foundation for postgraduate work, by laying particular emphasis on the languages, methodologies and research tools needed for independent advanced study, thus acting as training for students who intend to undertake an MPhil or PhD.
- The course also provides a professional qualification for teachers or others seeking Continuing Professional Development.
- Theory and Methodology for the Study of the Ancient World
- Intensive Latin
- Intensive Greek
- Latin Epic
- Short Poetic Forms
- Republican Prose
- Greek Historiography
- Greek Oratory
- Augustan Love Poetry
- The Medea Stories
- Neronian Prose
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAncient History General Studies & Classics Literature View 10 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United Kingdom
- The traditional requirement for entry onto our MA degrees is a 2.1 or 1st class undergraduate degree.
- In addition, the School encourages students with an equivalent and appropriate professional qualification or significant and relevant professional experience to apply.
- Additionally, for the MA in Classics, applicants are required to have knowledge of either Greek or Latin at advanced level, and it is desirable that they have a good knowledge of both ancient languages.
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National3750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.