Strength and Conditioning - Distance Learning from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London aims to support students in developing as excellent strength and conditioning coaches.
The distance learning nature of this course has several advantages for professionals. Principal among these is the opportunity to combine study with practical work experience, allowing the translation of science into practice. In addition, you can organise your study around your own personal schedule. You can download lectures and watch them at times that suit you.
Students at Strength and Conditioning - Distance Learning from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London will:
- have the opportunity to undergo the first distance learning course of its kind in the UK
- develop their coaching skills
- be taught in a state of the art, £250,000 Performance Education Centre
- Practical Techniques in Strength and Conditioning
- Research Methods and Evidence Based Practice
- Biomechanics and Skill Acquisition in Strength and Conditioning
- Physiology of Training
- Programme Design, Planning and Monitoring
- Topical Issues in Strength and Conditioning Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCoaching Sports Sciences View 62 other Masters in Coaching in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 in an undergraduate degree, preferably in Sport Science or a related field.
- Experience in the strength and conditioning field amounting to at least ten hours per week is also required. This can be either paid or voluntary work.
- Some flexibility in requirements is possible for those achieving lower degree classifications where they can demonstrate substantial industry experience and that their current commitment to study has progressed from the time of their first degree.
International9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.