In addition to the foundational subject of stochastic analysis, the specialties of mathematical finance and actuarial science are therefore of central importance. Students select one of the two specialties but always acquire knowledge of the other as well. The content is complemented by courses in economics and cross-disciplinary topics.
Which further expertise and skills will I acquire?
- As a graduate in the Mathematical Finance and Actuarial Science programme from Technical University of Munich you are able to mathematically model scientific questions relating to finance and insurance sectors, to analyze, critique and further develop these questions in an economic context and, ultimately, to apply the results in practice.
- Given the various lectures in econometrics on offer, you will have rounded out your finance and actuarial science profile accordingly. You will also have refined your soft skills by attending courses on topics such as rhetoric or presentation techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The chosen specialty constitutes the core of the master's program – mathematical finance or actuarial science.
- This is complemented by courses from the remaining specialty as well as content relating to economics and econometrics. In addition, relevant cross-disciplinary courses serve the purposes of cultivating and acquiring soft skills.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics Actuarial Science View 26 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.