Computer game development remains one of the fastest growing industries in the digital technology sector, and as such there is an increasing demand for technical specialists, managers and consultants.
We have an excellent track record for graduate employment with many of our students going on to work at some of the UKs most recognisable game studios.
A key element of the course is its emphasis on blending advanced technical development with strong management and sustainable business skills. Through our unique Business Accelerator initiative, we deliver industry standard theory and practice allowing students to gain valuable experience of the business planning and finance along with the management of a game studio.
Once you successfully complete the Computer Game Development programme offered by the Wrexham Glyndwr University, your higher level skills in 3D modelling & sculpting, systems analysis, programming and application design will qualify you to work in a variety of higher level roles within this industry.
Given the business and entrepreneurship skills acquired on the course, some postgraduates opt to start their own game studios with the support of our business incubation centre as part the Business Accelerator programme.
In general, our graduates have a good record of employment, forging successful careers as games technical artists/animators, level designers/developers, producers or scrum masters.
In addition, the technical skills acquired on the course allow graduates to pursue careers at higher level positions in many mainstream computing areas such as IT support, consultancy and internet and e-commerce applications development.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Media Development & Distribution
- Game Analysis & Optimisation
- Games Business & Enterprise
- 3D Design & Optimisation
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- Post Graduate Study & Research Methods
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We advise international students to apply as early as possible to allow us sufficient time to process your application.
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 603 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- The standard entry requirement for this programme is an honours degree of at least 2:2 classification in a Computer Science related subject area, or equivalent in any science-based degree with a strong computing element.
- Applicants with substantial commercial or industrial experience, or graduates coming from non-Computing backgrounds can be accepted, subject to interview and references.
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA5750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Part time fees: EU/EEA - 2,825 GBP per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.