The Social Work (Qualifying) program at Western Sydney University combines academic rigour, exceptional research training, blended and work-based learning, and 1,008 hours of field education.
As a student of Western Sydney University you will undertake traditional academic units as well as completing assessed placements. The combination of blended and work-based learning is a distinguishing feature of this degree.
There is a strong emphasis on our students moving beyond the University and working on projects with people in the community and workplace. It is specifically designed to ensure you graduate with hands-on skills working with the community at large – skills that can take your career to the next level.
In addition to emerging with a Master qualification, you will also be equipped with the practical education required to meet Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) standards.
With a Master of Social Work (Qualifying), there are so many ways to influence the world you'll live in.
- Become a caseworker/manager and make a difference in the areas of child protection, drug and alcohol services or community health
- Take on an exciting research role
- Become a counsellor and change the lives of people struggling with emotional issues
- Influence the development of social policy
- Get involved in Human Services and help Improve aged care, communities, education providers and transport services
- Social Work Practice Methods
- Theories of the Social
- Research in the Social Sciences
- Theories of Difference and Diversity
- Social Work (Qualifying) Field Education
- Leadership in Organisations
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSocial Work Management Studies View 61 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 088712G
- Applicants must have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in the areas of Health, Education or Society and Culture, with a minimum of eight (8) units completed in psychology or sociology.
- Applicants must have completed the Western Sydney University Postgraduate Bridging Program (Social Work) course.
- Applications from Australian and New Zealand citizens and holders of permanent resident visas must be made via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).
International28080 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28080 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.