The students will gain an opportunity to complete the full path from high-throughput data to computational analysis and to testable hypotheses in several research areas.
Currently, computational methods are widely used in biology mostly due to the fact that research inevitably comes with Big Data. Thus, one needs to possess the skills to be able to work with large amounts of data and to interpret them correctly.
- Data Analysis in Biology and Medicine: we teach students with biological and medical backgrounds the skills of programming, data processing and statistical analysis and their application in different fields of bioinformatics.
- Algorithmic Bioinformatics: this specialization is designed for students with informatics, mathematics, and other technical backgrounds who want to apply their knowledge to bioinformatics. It also Includes advanced courses in statistics and algorithms, as well as introductory courses in molecular biology.
Bioinformatics experts in the fields of personalized medicine, the pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology, software development, and many others. Besides, graduates may continue their academic careers by entering the leading PhD programs in Systems Biology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Processing and Analysis
- Higher Mathematics (elective course)
- Foreign Language in Professional Activity
- Creative Technologies / High Tech Business Creation / Thinking
- Research Work
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Please note that obtaining an invitation and a visa will take at least a month. We ask you to apply for the Master’s program before July 15, in order to take the entrance exams and receive your documents in due time.
DisciplinesBiology Health Informatics Bioinformatics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree with excellent/good grades in Biological Science (or related fields) and basic knowledge of Mathematics and Programming, or Computer Science and basic knowledge of Biology;
- CV & motivation letter;
- the upper-intermediate level of English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3008 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3008 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2786 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2786 EUR per year during 24 months.
251,000 rubles for Russian students
- 271,000 rubles for international students
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.