Education (Leadership and Management) (Online) degree at University of Derby is designed for those who have experience of working in schools, colleges, universities or any education context, and who seek to develop a better understanding of how educational leadership influences the experiences of staff and students. The programme draws on research from the UK and internationally.
This course can open doors for you in your career. It might make your CV stand out enough to get you an interview for a first managerial role or a more advanced leadership position you’ve been looking for.
It may be that you simply want to further develop your skills, confidence and knowledge to apply for positions you wouldn’t otherwise have considered.
Previous students have also said that they have performed better at work as a result of this course – bringing greater recognition and respect from peers.
To give you an idea of the range of careers this MA relates to, some of our graduates have gone on to become advanced skills teachers, nursery managers, assistant head teachers, disability coordinators within universities and national trainers for charitable organisations.
You may also wish to go on to further study such as an MPhil, EdD or PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Crafting your Masters study
- Evidence Based Practice
- Independent Study
- Curriculum Challenges
- Developing Leadership Capacity
- Innovative 21st Century Teaching
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Organisational Behaviour View 192 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You will usually need to be currently working within the education arena and have either:
- a good undergraduate degree (2:2 or above)
- an equivalent level 6 qualification (equivalent overseas qualifications which will be verified by NARIC)
- a level 5 teaching qualification plus evidence of five years’ teaching experience within an institution may be considered
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3937 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7875 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3937 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7875 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.