- comprehensive knowledge of China’s history, culture, society, politics, and economy, as well as of China’s regional, technological and social policy development
- strong research and analytical skills, having completed a comprehensive research project and dissertation in your final semester,
- Chinese language skills, depending on individual's starting level and goals.
Graduates from this programme pursue careers in a diverse range of companies and organisations looking to deal with or operate in China in fields such as international business, technology, media, health, government, diplomacy, journalism, education, and development. Particularly for international graduates, the China expertise and ability to speak Chinese gained during the programme will enhance career prospects in whichever field they operate in.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- China’s History
- China’s Politics
- Chinese Society
- China’s Economy
- Contemporary Chinese literature
- China’s Welfare and Development
- China’s Technology and Development
- China’s Regional Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- For Mainland China applicants: 30 July
- For international applicants and applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 15 July
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology Political Science View 8 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85 percent or above, depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13255 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National8836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13255 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
RMB 90,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
We offer a generous entry scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total programme tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.