The Master Programme in the Humanities - Archaeology taught at Uppsala University is one of the international Master's programmes offered by the Faculty of Arts. The duration of the full programme is two years and is worth 120 credits, but you can also choose to complete your studies in one academic year, leading to a Master of Arts (60 credits) with Archaeology as the main field of study.You will take a mixture of compulsory and elective courses during the programme. The Department of Archaeology and Ancient History normally offers four or five courses in Archaeology, Classical Archaeology and Egyptology every semester. You can also choose courses from other subjects if you want to broaden your education further.
With a Master of Arts degree, specialising in Archaeology, you are eligible for further PhD study in this field. Previous students have found work as archaeologists, museum curators and educators, investigators for the public sector, aid workers, tour leaders and guides, cultural writers, and researchers and lecturers at universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cosmopolitan Pasts
- Writing course
- Advanced Field Course in Archaeology
- Degree project
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. The main field of study must be within the humanities or social sciences. Also required is 60 credits in archaeology.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; the quality of the Bachelor's thesis/degree project; and a statement of purpose outlining their archaeological proficiency (1-2 pages).
International9962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19924 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 50000
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 200000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.