At the Master Programme in Medical Nuclide Techniques at Uppsala University you will focus on methods and technologies for producing, assessing and measuring ionising radiation. You will study physical and biological aspects on ionising radiation, including sources of radiation, measurements and estimates of radiation effects and risks.The choice of labelling method is critical for functional molecules in radionuclide-based imaging and therapy and you will study various techniques for labelling and purification of radionuclides for preclinical applications. Further studies involve function and application of detectors and imaging modalities in research and for clinical practice.
There is an increasing demand for knowledge in nuclide techniques for physicians, pharmacists, physicists, biologists and chemists. With an advanced education in medical nuclide techniques you are expected to go onto a career in research, healthcare systems, pharma or biotechnology companies, and governmental organisations.
The interdisciplinary training, with focus on the development of radionuclide labelled compounds, and knowledge about new methods and applications are highly important for progress of molecular imaging in research as well as in healthcare.
- Radiation Protection and Medical Effects
- Nuclide Production and Radiochemistry
- Detection Techniques and Dosimetry
- Good Manufacturing Practice, GMP
- Nuclide Diagnostics and Therapy
- Degree Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPublic Health Biotechnology Health Sciences View 20 other Masters in Public Health in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. The main field of study must be medicine, pharmacy, physics, radiophysics, chemistry, biology, or a similar field of study.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and a statement of purpose (1 page).
International13813 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27627 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72,500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290,000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.