Applied Ecology from Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences we focus on the biological processes, management and the scientific tools needed to understand ecosystems and how they can be managed in a sustainable manner.
We aim at providing the competence needed among the practitioners in education, management and research in these areas.
Graduates with Applied Ecology from Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences will:
- be acquainted with advanced topics in applied ecology
- have an in-depth knowledge of ecological topics at scales from individuals to global systems has a profound understanding of human impacts on organisms, populations, communities and ecosystems and the importance of ecosystems to human wellbeing
- be able to critically acquire information and be critical of the sources referred to
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Study design and statistical modelling
- Human impacts on ecological systems
- Human dimension in ecosystem management
- Population monitoring using Capture Mark Recapture
- Population monitoring using Distance sampling
- Literature study in applied ecology
- Forest inventory and modeling
- International Forest Policy and Economics
- Applied Wildlife Ecology
- Wildlife Population Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
EU/EEA (+ Switzerland and Norway)
DisciplinesEcology View 6 other Masters in Ecology in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To enter the programme, students are required to confirm the achievement of either:
- A Norwegian bachelor degree or an education recognized as being equivalent to a Norwegian bachelor degree with an average weighted (ECTS credits) mark of at least C
- An education recognized as three years of higher education in Norway
- Education approved as equivalent to the above-mentioned degrees according to university law § 3-4.
- The degree from higher education has to include the equivalent of at least 80 ECTS credits of the following subjects: Minimum 4 ECTS-credit equivalents in statistics or similar topics, Minimum 76 ECTS-credit equivalents in ecology, forestry, biology, zoology, botany, evolution, wildlife biology, environmental sciences, additional statistics or other relevant topics
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences doesn't have any tuition fees. A registration and semester fee applies at the start of the semester.
Living costs for Elverum
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.