Applied Ecology from Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences we focus on the biological processes, management and the scientific tools needed to understand ecosystems and how they can be managed in a sustainable manner.
We aim at providing the competence needed among the practitioners in education, management and research in these areas.
Graduates with Applied Ecology from Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences will:
- be acquainted with advanced topics in applied ecology
- have an in-depth knowledge of ecological topics at scales from individuals to global systems has a profound understanding of human impacts on organisms, populations, communities and ecosystems and the importance of ecosystems to human wellbeing
- be able to critically acquire information and be critical of the sources referred to
- Study design and statistical modelling
- Human impacts on ecological systems
- Human dimension in ecosystem management
- Population monitoring using Capture Mark Recapture
- Population monitoring using Distance sampling
- Literature study in applied ecology
- Forest inventory and modeling
- International Forest Policy and Economics
- Applied Wildlife Ecology
- Wildlife Population Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Deadline for applicants outside EU/EEA: February 1st
DisciplinesSustainable Development Ecology View 6 other Masters in Ecology in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Norwegian bachelor degree or an education is recognized as being equivalent to a Norwegian bachelor degree with an average weighted (ECTS credits) mark of at least C.
- An education recognized as three years of higher education in Norway.
- Education approved as equivalent to the above-mentioned degrees according to university law § 3-4.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences doesn't have any tuition fees. A registration and semester fee applies at the start of the semester.
Living costs for Elverum
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.