- The course provides specialist teaching in conjunction with St. James’s Hospital, Tallaght Hospital, the Health Service Executive, and invited international experts.
- The MSc in Healthcare Infection Management is primarily offered to medical microbiologists, infectious disease physicians, antimicrobial pharmacists, biomedical scientists, infection control specialists, nurses and public health workers and can be taken as either a 1-year full-time degree, or as a 2-year part-time degree.
- The MSc in Healthcare Infection Management aims to provide graduates with a comprehensive understanding of the multiple disciplines that must align to deliver effective control of human pathogens in the hospital and community settings. The course will provide foundation and advanced knowledge on the monitoring, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases and is delivered as lectures, demonstrations, seminars, practicals and workshops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course is delivered as lectures, demonstrations, seminars, practicals and workshops. All students are required to attend the core curriculum of lectures during the two years with examinations at the end of each year. A dissertation project is carried out in the second year, and it is evaluated by internal and external assessors.
The core syllabus consists of the following modules:
- Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases
- Antimicrobial Therapy & Resistance
- Epidemiology & Infection Control
- Multidisciplinary Management of Infection
Teaching will take place in blocks of up to two weeks throughout each of two semesters. It is envisaged that there will be four teaching blocks per annum. Research projects may take place in Trinity College or in the student´s place of work.
Applications will normally be received from those who hold one of the following qualifications:
- A medical degree
- An honors degree in Biomedical Sciences, Nursing, Pharmacy, or Microbiology
- An honors degree in another relevant science subject
Applications may also be received from individuals with a minimum of three years of relevant healthcare experience and suitable qualifications. Applicants meeting these requirements may be required to attend for interview.
International19059 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19059 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9097 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9097 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.