The studies enable you to follow the professional development of the field, both from the applied research and practical viewpoints. Continuous learning is a must in all professional tasks and ICT is one of the fastest developing technical fields.
The Information Technology programme from Metropolia University of Applied Sciences is targeted for professionals in working life wishing to become a Master in Information Technology. Studies are designed and implemented in such a way that students in full-time employment can participate. Prerequisite for participation is a bachelor level degree in engineering and at least two years of working life experience is required. There is no entrance exam. The student selection is based on two preliminary assignments, see details in application pages. Note that there exist several ways to apply to the program, see details from Applying.
Our intercultural program is conducted in English to allow improvement of your communication skills and get familiar with students from different countries and cultures. Your Master's degree will directly refer to your real-life project and address both your company's and your personal interest. The teaching is aimed at professionals both with an industry and a public sector background.
After graduating with a Master of Engineering Degree in Information Technology, you may work in advanced specialist tasks in international engineering surroundings of ICT and medical technology industries. In some sectors a Master’s degree is often a prerequisite for management positions.
The program gives a broad view on latest developments in ICT and medical technology fields and gives competences to various advanced specialist tasks such as:
- Project Manager, Product Manager
- Senior Developer
- Solution Architect
- Head of IT
- IT-Specialist, System Specialist
- Quality Engineer
- Senior Test Engineer
- Team Lead, SW Development
- Lead Developer
- Master Data Specialist
- Solution Sales Manager
- Regulation Specialist
- Trends in ICT
- Research Methods and Skills
- Cyber Security
- IT Project Management
- AI and Machine Learning
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 48 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- the final diploma/certificate or an interim certificate on graduation issued by the educational institution from those who have already completed their qualifications
- the final diploma/certificate or an interim certificate on graduation issued by the educational institution from those whose qualifications are yet to be completed
- Work certificates (must indicate details such as the exact start and end dates of employment, the employer’s contact information, work duties, as well as working hours for part-time work), other documents such as contracts of employment, CV etc. are not considered.
The work experience must be:
- obtained after the date of award of the qualification giving the eligibility or any Finnish post-secondary higher vocational qualification, and
- obtained by 31 July at the latest, and
- in a relevant field (both the field being applied to and the field of the qualification giving the eligibility are regarded as relevant field).
International11000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
Free of charge applicants from EU/EEA
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.