Studies are designed and implemented in such a way that students in full-time employment can participate. Prerequisite for participation is a bachelor level degree in engineering and at least three years of working life experience is required. There is no entrance exam. The student selection is based on two preliminary assignments, see details in application pages.
The intercultural program is conducted in English to allow improvement of your communication skills. Your Master's degree will directly refer to your real life project and address both your company's and your personal interest. The teaching is aimed at professionals both with an industry and a public sector background.
After graduating with a Master of Engineering Degree in Information Technology, you may work in advanced specialist tasks in international engineering surroundings of ICT. In some sectors a Master’s degree is often a prerequisite for management positions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary cyber security threats
- Threat analysis and cyber defence
- Cyber security practices
- Assignments on cyber security
- Seminar presentations
- Managing IT people and teams
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 29 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- completed at least 15 credits (for a degree comprising 60 credits) or 30 credits (for a degree comprising 90 credits) of Open UAS/Open University studies in Finland which can be recognized as part of the degree programme for which he/she is applying, and
- The required open studies must be completed and show on official transcript of records by 31 July (when applying in spring) or by 31 December (when applying in autumn).
- an appropriate higher education degree, and
- The required higher education degree must be completed by 31 July (when applying in spring) or by 31 December (when applying in autumn).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
Free of charge applicants from EU/EEA
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.