The Master of Science in Optometry and Visual Science at University of South-Eastern Norway is designed with an optometrist’s existing and expected challenges in eye and visual health in mind. There will be a requirement for optometrists with special competencies in diagnosing and management of visual problems in children. With an increasing proportion of elderly within the population, there will also be greater needs for optometrists to follow up ocular and visual anomalies in adults and the elderly, and detect ocular pathology.
You can therefore choose between two specializations:
- Orthoptics and paediatric optometry
- General practice optometry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Contact Lenses
- Advanced ocular pathology
- Orthoptics and vision therapy
- Visual Ergonomics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 6 other Masters in Health Sciences in Norway
- BSc in optometry or equivalent, basic competency in contact lens fitting and competency in the use of diagnostic drugs equivalent to the requirements for authorization of optometrists in Norway.
- Applicants with educational background from Norway must have authorization to practice optometry in Norway.
- Letter of Motivation
- Copy of Passport
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.