It allows students to obtain long-term skills aimed at obtaining and increasing knowledge in a systematic and critical way, and justifying a general scientifically-based occupational qualification for students in the field of Computational Linguistics.
The Computational Linguistics program at the University of Tübingen teaches subject skills in close cooperation with theory and practice in an interdisciplinary context of Linguistics, Psychology, and Informatics.
- Career options are versatile.
- Our graduates work in small software companies as well as in the research and development departments of big leaders.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Teaching language in the M.A. program Computerlinguistik / Computational Linguistics is English. As examination language for the M.A. thesis as well as for the oral exam, English or German can be chosen.
- For foreign students who could not make proof of a knowledge of German when accepted to the program, German language classes are planned for their first year of studies at the University of Tübingen.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesLanguages Computer Sciences Linguistics View 30 other Masters in Languages in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- International students have to apply via our application portals and upload supporting documentation including language certificates.
- A signed print-out of the online application plus photocopies of the documents have to be sent to the University. (You cannot send in a paper application without first applying online).
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.