These topics include democratisation, international cooperation, development and foreign aid, international conflict as well as the politics of many environmental issues and their implications for the politics of developing countries. Students will also receive training in research methods.
The International Politics programme of Trinity College Dublin consists of four compulsory modules and four elective (half) modules.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- International Politics
- International Conflict
- Research Design
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Global Justice
- State and Society in the Developing World
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law Political Science View 42 other Masters in International Relations in Ireland
- Candidates should normally have achieved an upper second class honour degree or higher from an established university.
- GPA scores of at least 3.3 out of 4, or equivalent, will be expected from international applicants.
- A background in a social science will be an advantage but not a necessity.
- Applications are expected from candidates with a single or joint honours degree in Political Science, Economics, European Studies, History, Sociology, Business and Law.
International21516 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21516 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA12999 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12999 EUR per year during 12 months.
Part time fees:
- EU/EEA: 7,983 EUR
- Non-EU/EEA: 15,954 EUR
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.