The Master Programme in Global Health at Uppsala University consists of four semesters. During the first semester you get basic knowledge in global health and research methods, and pave the way for the second semester's advanced course focusing on global nutrition, sexual and reproductive health and child health. The third semester prepares you for the Master's thesis you will undertake as during the last semester, with courses in research methods and field work. This can also be combined with an internship.
The Master's Programme in Global Health prepares you for work with global health issues. You, and other course participants from all over the world, will receive knowledge and skills to analyse global health problems and to develop and evaluate interventions in order to improve public health.
The Master's Programme in Global Health prepares you for work within the global public health arena. There are job opportunities within governmental and non-governmental organisations, nationally and internationally.Once you receive your Master's degree you have a good foundation for further PhD-studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Health
- Master's Thesis in Global Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 13 other Masters in Human Medicine in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. The main field of study must be in medicine, nursing, nutrition, or similar fields relevant for global health.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and previous professional experience.
International14445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28890 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.