The theme of the Master Programme in Biomedicine at Uppsala University is ”From the ailing body and the ailing brain to the discovery and development of new drugs”. The focus is research-oriented questions for application in academic research and in the pharmaceutical or life-science industry.
With a focus on the link between pathophysiology and drug development, and by offering opportunities for specialisation and advancement in your field of interest, the programme provides an excellent base for future work in science, both academically and within the life science industry. Practical experience of experimental strategies and scientific thinking is an integral part of this Master's programme and you will get in close contact with exciting research projects.
This Master programme prepares students for professional work within various sectors of society, for example in:
- drug development
- business development
Our graduates work at, for example, Quintiles, Scandinavian CRO and Thermo Fisher Scientific. Job titles include Clinical Trial Coordinator, Product Development Specialist and Marketing Manager.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Homeostasis and Endocrine Disorders with a focus on Major Diseases
- Advanced Neurobiology
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Computational Medicinal Chemistry
- Preparation for Research with Focus on New Drug Targets
- Elective courses
- Master Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Human Medicine View 13 other Masters in Human Medicine in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. The main field of study must be in biomedicine, medicine, pharmacy, biology, or a similar field of study that gives relevant knowledge in cell and molecular biology, chemistry and biochemistry, pharmacology, physiology and neurobiology. Also required is knowledge and practical experience of laboratory experiments in life sciences.
- Students with a Bachelor's degree or one-year Master's degree from a biomedicine programme have priority. Selection among other applicants is based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and previous professional experiences.
International13813 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27627 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72,500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290,000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.