Why study the Leadership in Health and Social Care programme from University of Glasgow?
- This programme will provide you with opportunities to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, expertise in critical appraisal, and the ability to lead and innovate in your area of practice.
- The programme reflects the need for professionals in health and social care to develop leadership skills in a dynamic health and social care environment to ensure quality care delivery.
- The involvement of key people in leadership roles including the NHS and Scottish Government in both the planning and delivery will ensure that the programme has both currency and relevance.
- You will have an opportunity to develop an understanding of economic assessment and explore approaches to managing budgets and balancing financial constraints with quality provision.
This programme meets the need to prepare Professionals in both Health and Social Care to take on leadership roles with the health and social care environment. This is now been identified as a key in the provision of high quality health and social care. The course content affords an opportunity for participants to develop new skills in leadership and enhance existing skills. The course allows offers a unique opportunity to develop skills in economic costing that can lead to improved service delivery.
The involvement of leaders, both in the planning and delivery, from, a variety of settings including NHS and Scottish Government ensures that the programme is current and relevant.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critically discuss theories of leadership and management and their application in the context of health care
- Critically discuss managerialism and the potential tensions between leadership and management roles
- Critically evaluate approaches to change management within the health and social care setting
- Exploring the potential barriers and facilitators to successful change.
- Critically analyse strategies and approaches to problem solving and decision making within the health and social care environment.
- Critically analyse the impact of policy and quality strategies related to health and social care in both a local and global context
- Critically discuss approaches to managing budgets and balancing financial constraints in the context of economic assessment and risk management.
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Please note that applications for programmes delivered online will be accepted up until they commence in September.
DisciplinesSocial Work Management, Organisation & Leadership Public Health View 230 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Anyone with a relevant professional qualification and a first degree or equivalent may apply. Applicants should normally have 2 years experience post qualification.
International1667 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1667 GBP per credit during 10 months.
EU/EEA1667 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1667 GBP per credit during 10 months.
per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.