The Sustainable Development course offered by Dublin Institute Of Technology aims to provide graduates with the skills and ability to interpret principles of sustainable development and translate these into policy responses.
Each course entrant brings an expertise based on prior learning and or work experience. The MSc Sustainable Development is structured to build on and deepen your knowledge and allow you apply the principles and practices of sustainable development in your own field of expertise or employment. The course also offers you the chance to deepen your knowledge in chosen areas of energy, environment, community development or planning.
Graduates are eligible for a wide range of posts in Irish and International enterprises, both public and private, in both the manufacturing and service sectors. Generally students tend to seek or get employment with the skills they developed in their primary degree but with the added advantage of having an in depth understanding of the process and application of sustainable development to environmental, economic or social sectors. With work placement and a suitable research dissertation you could develop the skills needed to help focus your career in a sector that is of particular interest to you.
- Boltz Sustainability Founder Dublin
- Green Schools, Green Travel Education Officer
- Sustainability Consultant, Paris Community Liaison Officer, EirGrid
- Greenlight Training, Sustainability Manager
- Green Schools, Green Campus Education Officer Meinhardt Group,
- Environmental Engineer PWC,Sustainability Manager
- Greenstreets, Environmental Sustainability Manager
- Danske Bank, Consultant
- Programme Manager at An Taisce
- Project Manager, DCU Ryan Academy for Entrepreneurship
- Marketing Officer at Codema - Dublin's Energy Agency
- Corporate Responsibility Consultant, Business in the Community
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Specialist at UN Habitat
- EU Energy Policy Advisor at Greenpeace, Bruss els
- Client Manager at The Carbon Trust
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Climate Change and Policy Analysis
- Society and Sustainable Development
- Economy and Sustainable Development
- Spatial Planning and Sustainable Communities
- Transport and Urban Development
- Environmental Law and Institutions II
- Sust. Devel. & Public Policy in a European Context
- Research Techniques
- Progress and Placement
- Environmental Management Plans 2
- Environmental Design & Management
- EU Policy
- Law and Local Development
- Local Governance, Dev. & Innovation
- Management Studies
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Spatial Data Assessment/GIS
- Sustainable Construction
- Sustainable Tour-Policy & Practice
- Urban Regeneration & Public Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development View 13 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Honours Bachelor Degree in any relevant discipline at 2.2 grade or higher, or equivalent. Eligible candidates may be interviewed where work/career experience is being considered in lieu of academic qualifications.
- Applications will be assessed based on your academic grades and may also take into account your work/life experience.
International21750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21750 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA5850 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5850 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.