While the amount of data being produced is proliferating at a staggering rate, the skills to extract information and the value we receive from it are both relatively scarce. You will gain a firm grounding in the principles of learning from data sets, whilst at the same time getting hands-on experience handling, analysing and visualising data. which will help you to realise your true potential while making you in demand in the modern workplace. Both Artificial Intelligence and Analytical Reasoning are among the top three most-in demand hard skills (LinkedIn, 2019).
The Statistics Group at the University of Glasgow is internationally renowned for its research excellence. Students are able to benefit from this by learning from academics whose expertise covers the analysis of data from a wide range of applications.
Designed for part time study, this Data Analytics programme from University of Glasgow allows you to gain an MSc degree from a leading university while you are still in full-time employment. Plus, from day one you can start to put your new knowledge to the test at work. You won't have to wait until you've graduated to make a real difference in the workplace.
A faster study route, which lets you complete the programme in two years, is also available.
You will have the freedom to work at your own pace and access to a wide range of learning tools including rich interactive reading material and tutor-led videos. You will also be able to arrange tailored one-to-one sessions with our academic team.
Key Programme Outcomes
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the concepts, principles, theories and methods of probability, statistics and machine learning.
- Developing strategies for modelling and analysing potentially large and complex data.
- Communicate and visualise insights gained from data.
- Design and develop software to perform data management, data extraction, statistical analyses and, as far as possible, automate these, using different tools and programming languages such as R, Python, Spark and TensorFlow.
Our students contribute a wealth of professional experience from a variety of sectors including finance, the pharmaceutical industry, banking, IT services and government statistical services amongst others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Management and Analytics Using SAS
- Advanced Predictive Models
- Data Mining and Machine Learning: Supervised and Unsupervised
- Learning from Data
- Predictive Modelling
- Probability and Stochastic Models
- R Programming
- Data Analytics in Business and Industry
- Data Mining and Machine Learning: Big Data and Unstructured Data
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence View 29 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
- A first degree equivalent to a UK upper second class honours degree, normally with a substantial mathematics component (at least equivalent to Level-1 courses in Mathematics and Level-2 courses in Calculus and Linear Algebra at the University of Glasgow)
- Graduates who only have the equivalent of A-level Mathematics can also be admitted to the programme. However, such candidates are required to work through self-study material provided and complete a pre-sessional course in Elementary Mathematics (scheduled in the two weeks preceding the start of the teaching period of semester 1)
- Previous study of Statistics or Computing Science is not required
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.