Expertise in strategic management and planning has never been more important given the turbulent and challenging environments within which businesses now operate. At EU level change is now an ever present feature in relation to the money markets, banking and economics in general. At a global level businesses are faced with new competitors and different configurations of technologies generating new products. All this change has to be anticipated and managed by business at a strategic level to survive and indeed thrive.
Graduates of this Strategic Management programme offered by Dublin Institute Of Technology will be well placed to undertake strategic planning for businesses whether they are in the public, private or voluntary sectors.
Graduates from this programme will enhance their career opportunities within the full range of public and private sector organisations. Past graduates have taken up management positions in a range of sectors including technology, communications, finance, government organisations and departments, consultancy houses, public sector bodies and non-profit organisations. It is envisaged that graduates will hold senior management positions once they obtain sufficient experience.
Aims of this programme
The overall aim of the Programme is to prepare business graduates for a career in management with the specific aim of accelerating their progression to senior management in the private or public sectors, consultancy and various advisory and research roles. The overarching aim is to develop participants’ understanding and expertise of strategy formulation and implementation and the role of the leader in this.
Participants study a range of business modules and undertake group and individual assessments to develop the functional competencies, specialist knowledge, research skills, analytical skills, leadership and soft skills necessary for strategic management and leadership.
- Deepen expertise in Strategic Management
- Focus on Leadership
- Opportunity to select your own specialism
- Company Project or Dissertation on a topic of your choice in the field of Strategic Management.
- Develop relevant analytical, communication and group work skills for today’s business environment.
- Be part of a large postgraduate community (College of Business, DIT has 750 postgrad students) where you can network with people who already have a depth of knowledge across a range of domains including accounting, marketing, management, advertising, retail management and technology. Opportunities for networking at various events during the course of your study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategy & Leadership
- Analytical tools for Business Management
- Corporate Finance
- Business Research Methods
- Strategic Marketing
- Project & Consultancy Management
- Understanding & Leading Organisations
- Financial Services
- Retail Management
- Human Resources Management
- Supply Chain Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management View 20 other Masters in Strategic Management in Ireland
- Graduates of bachelor degree courses in business, economics (or an undergraduate programme where business subjects account for at least 50% of the subjects) who have achieved an honours degree (2.2 grade or higher) are eligible to apply. Applications from candidates who have an equivalent qualification at honours level (for example ACCA, CIMA or other professional bodies) are also eligible to apply. Applicants who do not have an honours degree in business (or equivalent) but who have substantial business experience can be considered by our Exceptional Entry Committee.
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8550 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8550 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.