Now you can study an Advanced Practice in Veterinary Nursing course at the University of Glasgow online at the UK's highest ranked University for Veterinary Medicine (Complete University Guide 2020).
This is the first fully online postgraduate qualification designed specifically for RVNs currently being delivered in Scotland.
The part-time and online nature of the programme means it is suitable for individuals who may be in full-time employment or have other personal commitments, allowing them to study over a three year period.
Our programme encompasses a core set of skills, knowledge and competencies which revolve around the theme of evidence-based veterinary nursing.
Core content is supplemented by a choice of optional courses which deliver specialised training in education or business management.
Specifically designed to support the delivery of quality care, evidence-based learning and best practice techniques, our veterinary nursing degree reflects the need for tomorrows RVNs to be involved in lifelong self-directed learning.
- Apply knowledge of the policies and principles of veterinary nursing and how this relates to roles such as expert practitioner, manager, educator and researcher
- Critically analyse professional practice by adopting an evidence-based approach
- Analyse research methodologies used within evidence-based veterinary medicine
- Challenge existing theoretical principles and methods and propose alternatives to improve pre-determined outcomes
- Conduct comprehensive literature searches and critically analyse and synthesise the relevant literature in order to improve your personal practice
- Design, plan and create a specific research proposal to address an issue or to extend the existing knowledge base within an area of your practice
- Apply research design methodologies and analyse data sets using appropriate statistical tests in order to investigate an area of your practice
- Apply knowledge of clinical governance methodology to audit your own practice
Our programme meets the demand for the preparation of both specialised and extended role practitioners and will develop your knowledge, skills and confidence. This will help you to pursue a career related to Advanced Practice in Veterinary Nursing, such as referral nurse, head nurse, practice manager, educator or researcher.
This part-time, three year veterinary nursing programme also provides a platform for you to move into the field of research, with the potential to continue studying towards a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Evidence-Based Veterinary Nursing
- Animal and Veterinary Ethics
- Clinical Governance in Veterinary Nursing
- Developing Evidence-Based Practice Through Reflection
- Teaching and Assessment in Veterinary Nursing
- Introduction to Veterinary Nursing Business Studies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
Please note that applications for programmes delivered online will be accepted up until they commence in September .
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Nursing View 14 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVNs) who have a BSc/BSc (Hons) in Veterinary Nursing or a related subject, or equivalent international qualification, will be considered for the MSc programme
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s), if you have already completed your degree
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English Language ability (if your first language is not English)
- Any additional documents required for this programme (see Entry requirements for this programme)
International3933 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11800 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA3933 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11800 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
- UK / EU / International: £7,867
- UK / EU / International: £3,933
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.