The BNEN offers a strong programme and fosters networking between academia, research centres, industry and other nuclear stakeholders. All teaching activities take place at SCK•CEN, ensuring training that’s compatible with the industry and well-grounded in the field.
A master degree in Nuclear Engineering programme offered at Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) opens doors in many different branches and sectors. You will be able to work in the private sector, (non-) governmental organisations, or continue your academic career as a PhD researcher. Not sure what your next step should be? The VUB helps you with your first steps on the job market.
This programme aims to provide young engineers and scientists with the knowledge and skills needed to start a career in the nuclear industry. Italso prepares students for a career in government, regulatory or control organisms. The programme has been recognised by the Federal Agency of Nuclear Control (FANC) for recognition as Class I Expert (Class I facilities - nuclear reactors).
All degree programmes offered by VUB are accredited by the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation (NVAO), ensuring that they meet the highest predefined quality standards. Alongside this official quality control system, VUB has an internal Quality Control Commission in charge of permanently monitoring the quality of education.
- Nuclear energy
- Nuclear fuel cycle
- Nuclear materials
- Nuclear reactor theory
- Nuclear thermal hydraulics
- Safety of nuclear power plants
- Radiation protection
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Nuclear Engineering View 4 other Masters in Nuclear Engineering in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is open for students holding a five-year Master degree in Science of Engineering from a Belgian university.
- Applications from candidates holding a different master degree from the Flemish or the French Community will be evaluated by the Teaching Committee based on the candidate’s academic background. Candidates holding a foreign higher education degree may be admitted after evaluation and approval by the Teaching Committee and with observance of the procedural rules of the respective partner universities.
- Prospective students must prove sufficient knowledge of English as language of instruction by having successfully completed the TOEFL-test with a minimum of 550 points on the written test. The scoring scale will be based upon the sum of the four section scores (reading, listening, writing and speaking).
International922 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 922 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA922 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 922 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brussels
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.