Within the Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science programme from Lund University, the student conducts an independent degree project on a defined research problem in environmental studies and sustainability science. The work shall have a scientific basis and meet the requirements for appropriate and necessary methodological insights. The degree project is conducted individually, or in pairs, and is planned and pursued in consultation with an advisor/supervisor and a supervision team of students. During the course, there will be seminars serving to deepen methodological knowledge and scientific writing skills. The final degree project is scrutinized by an examiner and other students at a final examination seminar. Students act as opponents/discussants.
As a LUMES graduate you are equipped to work in a range of sectors, both within and outside academia, and in a number of professional roles.
LUMES graduates are today working in sectors such as: business, education, sustainability, fashion, food, health, logistics, maritime, fishing and aquaculture, rural and urban development, transport, and urban design. Their professional roles include: consultant, coordinator, entrepreneur, manager, advisor, analyst, policy officer, specialist, campaigner, communications experts, organiser, and researcher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Earth Systems Science
- Social Theory and Sustainability
- Sustainability Science
- Governance of Sustainability
- Urban and Rural Systems and Sustainability
- Economy and Sustainability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 32 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The student must hold a Bachelor's degree, including at least 180 ECTS. A good command of spoken and written English, equivalent to English 6/B (advanced) proficiency in the Swedish secondary system, is required. Equivalent assessment will be made according to national guidelines.
- The final selection is based on academic grades and relevant work experience in addition to the statement of purpose written by the applicants and recommendations given.
International11939 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23879 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 250 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.