A core course component teaches advanced knowledge and skills leading to a holistic understanding of building performance. Specialized elective technical courses prepare students with in-depth knowledge to enable them to conduct research in their particular area. A well-structured research component is included in the program to enable students to develop research skills.
British Columbia Institute of Technology Students are required to complete a research methods course, conduct a literature survey, develop a research plan, write a research proposal, undertake innovative scientific research and complete a comprehensive research thesis that advances scientific knowledge. Students will conduct research independently with guidance from a thesis supervisory committee.
The Master of Applied Science in Building Engineering and Building Science program:
- Offers an interdisciplinary curriculum
- Specializes in building science
- Emphasizes an engineering approach for practical problem solving
- Focuses on applied research to provide solutions to industry problems
- Engages students in interdisciplinary research
- Is supported by a strong foundation of research infrastructure unique to western Canada
- Delivers a first-of-a-kind program in BC and western Canada
More informationVisit official programme website
- Building Science
- Building Materials
- Building Envelope
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 41 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Canada
- English: one of the following: two years of full-time post-secondary education in English in an English-speaking country with 3.0 credits of post-secondary English, humanities or social sciences (67%) from a recognized institution
- Post-secondary: one of the following: a 4-year bachelor’s degree in an engineering field or architecture with a GPA of 2.8 out of 4.0 (70%) or, a 4-year bachelor’s degree in a related Science field with a GPA of 2.8 out of 4.0 (70%), preferably with an Architectural and Building Technology (ABT) diploma (Building Science option) or equivalent building science industry experience
- Complete the online application: Mandatory Applicant Questionnaire
International11036 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5518 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National11036 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5518 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.