The goal to become a world-class reference centre for local and global arts has motivated the entire faculty to strive harder and more creatively to achieve success in the fields of design and creative art. Adopting the slogan “Creativity is the Core of Quality” as the axiom for the faculty’s activities, they have prospered under the leadership of the Dean, Associate Professor Dr. Baharudin Ujang. Various strategies have been organized to strengthen and enhance the faculty’s services to the community in general, including in the aspects of academia, students’ affairs, research, culture and social issues.
In addition to placing several art and design disciplines under core study centres in post-graduate studies, the faculty is studying new possibilities to review its curriculum at the diploma and bachelor levels in order to keep abreast of new global developments. The aspiration to become a world-class university has always existed in the faculty, all the more since it is a unique art and design institute that offers a wide variety of courses under one roof, something rarely seen in any other university in the world.
Among various strategies devised to strengthen the faculty was the creation of the International Institute of Design Excellence (IIDE), a vehicle to elevate the level of local designers in general. Through this institute, various activities of an intellectual nature have been carried out in the form of seminars, exhibitions, workshops, research projects and journal publications.
IIDE incorporates several other units based on art and design education and research such as Batik International Research and Design Access (BiRDA) that aims to promote and develop the national batik industry, besides developing new approaches in pattern design and batik quality in general.
Fine Art and Technology programme is offered at the Universiti Teknologi Mara .
- Issues on Contemporary in Art & Design
- Research Methodology
- Thematic Drawing
- Art History Methodology
- Contemporary Malaysia Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
per Semester (12 credit hour)
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 6 other Masters in Visual Arts in Malaysia
- Photocopy of Passport - Front page (must be certified as true copy)
- Photocopy of Bachelor Degree certificate - application for master program (must be certified as true copy)
- Photocopy of Bachelor & Master Degree certificates - application for PhD program (must be certified as true copy)
- Photocopy of Examination/Academic Tanscripts (must be certified as true copy)
- Referee Reports – 2 referees
- Application for Master or PhD by research must include a research proposal
- Checklist for the required documents
International1900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 950 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 472 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- National Tuition Fees Per Semester (RM): 1958
- International Tuition Fees Per Semester (RM): 3940
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.