About the programme
The Pharmacology (Research) Master programme from Universiti Teknologi Mara is designed to be completed in a minimum of three full-time semesters. It prepares students for research activities. Currently, 10% from our total Master’s students participate in research during the course of their program.
Opportunities for Masters level pharmacologists exist in the pharmaceutical industry, government agencies, research laboratories, as well as at biotechnology companies. Masters students may also decide to apply for Ph.D. programs.
Examples of MSc projects are the neuroprotective effect of plant extract on lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation and biomarkers for early detection of Alzheimer’s disease.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular pharmaceutics
- Fundamental pharmaceutics such as physicochemical properties, molecular processes, macromolecular fluid dynamics of drugs, nano-materials and drug-ion complexes.
- Drug delivery systems such as sustained and controlled release formulation and nanotechnology.
- Nutraceutical and Cosmeceutical research
- Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic research
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical and Biomedical analysis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Photocopy of Passport - Front page (must be certified as true copy)
- Photocopy of Bachelor Degree certificate - application for master program (must be certified as true copy)
- Photocopy of Bachelor & Master Degree certificates - application for PhD program (must be certified as true copy)
- Photocopy of Examination/Academic Tanscripts (must be certified as true copy)
- Referee Reports – 2 referees
- Application for Master or PhD by research must include a research proposal
- Checklist for the required documents
International2368 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1184 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
International Tuition Fees Per semester (RM): 5,150
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.