The Master of Information Technology offered at the Universiti Teknologi Mara programme is designed to provide theoretical grounding, practical knowledge and hands-on experience responding to the demands of private and public organizations for qualified IT professional.
The programme aims for students who are dynamic, creative and innovative and this is reflected through the teaching methods and content. They mirror the dynamic nature of technological advances in society today. As a student you will have the opportunity to explore a variety of areas including: problem solving skills, data technology and security, human computer interaction, strategic and innovative planning, human factors, user experience and ethical issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information and Convergence Technology
- Problem Solving Formalisms for Information Technology
- Information Technology Infrastructure
- Human Centered Informatics
- Advanced Data Technology
- Research Methods in Computing
- Advanced Web Systems Engineering
- Strategic Information Technology Planning
- Information Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for postgraduate studies are open throughtout the year with no closing dates but, there are still cut-off date which are as below:
September Intake - 30 May (Current year)
March Intake - 30 November (Previous year)
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 15 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Malaysia
- A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of CGPA 2.75 or its equivalent; OR
- Bachelor Degree qualification or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and does not meet CGPA 2.75 acceptable subject to stringent internal appraisal process; OR
- Bachelor Degree qualification with CGPA less than 2.50 or its equivalent, can be accepted, with a minimum of five (5) years working experience in the relevant field; OR
- Has certificate of Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) for entry into graduate program.
International2353 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3530 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National974 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1462 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- National Tuition Fees Per total (RM):6,058
- International Tuition Fees Per total (RM):14,630
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.