The Chemistry student at Sultan Qaboos University should complete the course work requirements specified in the degree plan with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
For the thesis, the candidate is required to conduct the necessary literature review, undertake the research, analyze the results, write the report and communicate the results at an oral defense. This work need not necessarily be original research, but should be a new application of ideas.
The student should identify the research problem in consultation with the supervisor, which normally takes place in the second semester. The student should register for the thesis in the third semester after having completed at least 12 credits of the course work.
- Topics in Inorganic Chemistry
- Topics in Organic Chemistry
- Topic in Physical Chemistry
- Advanced Methods in Analytical Chemistry
- Philosophy of Science
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Aspects of Organic Synthesis
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Natural Sciences Biochemistry View 4 other Masters in Biochemistry in Oman
- Candidates from other disciplines may be asked to attend additional bridging courses before starting the program.
- Applicant must submit a release letter or a study leave from employer for full time study or no objection letter for part-time study, addressed to the dean of postgraduate studies at SQU. Un-employed applicant needs to submit a statement from The Public Authority of Manpower Register documenting the unemployment status of the applicant.
International10389 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10389 USD per year during 24 months.
National7792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7792 USD per year during 24 months.
- Omani 3000 OMR
- International 4000 OMR
Living costs for Muscat
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.