The postgraduate program in electrical engineering at SEECS will allow motivated researchers to expend their knowledge base and acquire new skills in analysis and problem solving, creating challenging opportunities for a rewarding research career. The program has been devised keeping in view the latest market demands and it encompasses a broad area covering advanced digital and analogue electronics, communication, signal processing, multimedia and computer vision, advanced controls of robotics and microelectronics / nanoelectronics. Currently, five areas of specialization are being offered at the Electrical Engineering program of the National University of Sciences and Technology. These include Digital System & Signal Processing, Telecommunication & Computer Networks, Power Electronics & Controls, RF & Microwaves and Electronic Material & Devices. The number of elective courses will be offered during the second and third semesters, depending upon the students’ interest and availability of specialist faculty.
Why join this program
By joining the Electrical Engineering program at NUST-SEECS, you become part of a dynamic research community that is actively pursuing solutions for important contemporary problems in a variety of research areas. The postgraduate program at the EE department of SEECS is especially prominent for the following reasons:
- Vibrant research community that encourages and expects excellence
- Increased options for SEECS graduates to participate/ engage in diverse research areas as active members of various SEECS research groups
- Frequent seminars/workshops on various research topics
- Opportunities for research commercialization and expert entrepreneurial mentoring
Electrical Engineers contribute to the development of a wide range of technologies. They design, develop, test and supervise the deployment of electrical systems and electric devices. They may work on design of sub-micron Digital and Analogue Integrated Circuits, DSP and Computer Vision Algorithms, Telecommunication Systems, the operation of electric power stations or the electrical control of industrial machinery. Students can subsequently utilize their knowledge to either pursue an advanced research degree (MPhil or PhD) or seek employment in technology companies, both local and foreign.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Integrated Circuit Design
- Analog Integrated Circuit Design
- Advanced Power Electronics
- Advanced VLSI Design
- System Validation
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering View 6 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Pakistan
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- BE in Electrical / Telecommunication / Mechatronics / Electronics / Industrial Electronics / Electrical & Communication / Avionics / Communication Technologies / Computer System
- Sixteen years of schooling or 4 years education after HSSC/A' Level in relevant discipline with minimum CGPA of 2.0 out of 4.0 OR 55% marks (percentage will only be considered if CGPA is not mentioned on the transcript).
- GAT (General) conducted on or after 01 August 2018 by NTS with at least 50 accumulative test score or Higher Education Apptitude Test (HAT) conducted by HEC in or after March 2019 with atleast 50 accumulative test score or GRE (General) conducted by ETS, USA
International1780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 890 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National1108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 554 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 88,000 RPK per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.