Students in the Information Technology programme at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology may choose one of two options to complete this study. Students participate in a structured study programme. The programme consists of a series of compulsory components, in preparation for the research dissertation.
Graduates find employment at senior level in companies where they make contributions in research and development, operational or strategic aspects of IT/IS. They are also employed in research and teaching position in Higher Education institutions.
Students at Information Technology programme at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology will:
- be exposed to current e-Business topics, trends, and issues; and
- be prepared to undertake a research project that culminates in a dissertation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Technology
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Commerce Digital Marketing View 9 other Masters in Commerce in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BTech or an equivalent four-year qualification in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International776 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 776 EUR per year during 12 months.
National776 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 776 EUR per year during 12 months.
Estimated fee: 13485 ZAR
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.