The new Master of Engineering (MEng) is being offered from 2016. The new qualifications ensure that the curriculum offered at CPUT can be directly compared to that of other institutions; not only nationally, but also internationally through the benchmarking process that took place during the development of these new qualifications.
Pipeline Chemical Engineering students at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology will be able to continue with their MTech, or convert to the new Master of Engineering (MEng). BTech graduates who want to register for the MEng may be required to complete additional modules as determined by the department.
- Graduates play an important role in the development of new products, new applications for existing products or raw materials, or cheaper ways of making existing products.
- Concern for the environment, the development of cleaner production technologies, waste minimisation and recycling have become major fields of research in chemical engineering. Research relates to the technical methods of assessing environmental impacts, including the preparation of emission inventories, air pollutant dispersion modelling, ambient air and water monitoring.
- Graduates are employed in research and development in industry, as well as in teaching positions at Higher Education institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemical Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 7 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International809 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 809 EUR per year during 12 months.
National809 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 809 EUR per year during 12 months.
Estimated fee: 14075 ZAR
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.