After completing this Master in Computer Science at UIT the Arctic University of Norway, you will have the prerequisites to develop advanced computer games, virtual reality and create realistic simulations, such as collisions, rigid bodies, inverse kinematics and fluid mechanics. As a student you will benefit from the close bonds Narvik has to national and international research partners and our professional lab facilities. Throughout the studies you will build a strong and competitive fundament as a technical programmer and developer of advanced software and learning systems. The teaching activities are driven by active research groups within the fields of AI, geometric modeling and applied mathematics.
This can serve as a basis for:
- Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and intelligent agents
- Geometric modeling, virtual reality, computer graphics and animations
- Object-oriented programming, meta- and GPU programming
- The development of large software systems, and massive multipurpose systems
After completing the diploma thesis on a selected topic, you are equipped with a comprehensive knowledge set in dealing with technical and managerial challenges, which makes you attractive to companies within many industries. Former students have generally found exciting opportunities as experts or leaders in the most technologically advanced companies or within academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Linear algebra
- Geometric modelling
- Virtual reality/Graphics/Animation
- Game- and Graph Theory / Discrete Mathematics
- Finite Element Methods, Programming
- Innovation and management
- Numerical Methods
- Virtual reality, graphics and animation - theory
- Applied Geometry and Special effects
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline - Applicants from Norway or other Nordic countries
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 11 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Norway
- A relevant undergraduate Bachelor Engineering programme in Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 30 credits mathematic/statistics topics
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- All students are required to pay a semester fee of NOK 625 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.